- Canada Helps is a registered charity that facilitates and encourages charitable giving in Canada by providing secure online donation facilities for other registered charities.
- Since Canada Helps donations are made by credit card, a fee is taken off the amount paid. Canada Helps uses their fee of 3.9 percent to pay all credit card merchant rates, transaction fees, banking costs, etcetera. There are no other charges.
- Canada Helps will e-mail the official receipt for tax purposes to you a few minutes after you complete your donation, thus saving busy Chance to Dance Foundation volunteers this administrative chore.
- The charge on your credit card statement will be to Canada Helps not to The Chance to Dance Foundation
- More information is available by accessing the About Canada Helps and How To Give links on the web site you will be taken to when you click on the Click here to donate now with CanadaHelps.org.
Donate by cheque
Donations by cheque are also very welcome and have the advantage that we receive the entire amount donated. Please make them payable to "The Chance to Dance Foundation" and mail them to:
The Chance 2 Dance Foundation,
74 Jamie Avenue,
Other Canada Helps facilities
Note that other donation initiatives can be set up via the Canada Helps web site. For example you can:
- Set up to donate monthly to The Chance to Dance Foundation or other charities.
- Have data on charitable receipts made through Canada Helps retained and sent to you as a summary receipt periodically
- Donate securities
- Donate in honour of someone else
- Set up a "Giving Page" to ask people to donate to The Chance to Dance Foundation and/or other charities in honour of your birthday, anniversary, birth of a child, big promotion, or in memoriam for a loved one who has died.
- Purchase Gift Cards to give to someone else so that they can give your funds to a charity of their choice.
More information is available on the Canada Helps web site.